Thread: new rig! jeep!

Default new rig! jeep!

been away for quite awhile. For new folks I used frequent this forum and loved old mines, fire lookouts, and alpine. we lived in the okanagan but moved up to Vanderhoof in the north because of work / more money. waited out the incredibly long winter and did some exploring but not much because I was trying to rake in the overtime

anyways I ended up with a 2012 Jeep JK unlimited! sold the old faithfull yota which was pretty sad.

Last weekend we went up to smithers to visit the inlaws and the heep got put into 4wd for the first time and bounced up to 5800ish feet up behind telkwa B.C off the Telkwa pass.

(check out the epic glacier between the trees above the windsheild spanning two peaks) some crazy stuff up here.

We are now out of debt, have a little boy comming in early oct, and looking forward to logging on some miles next year!
    Planning to get a tent trailer, 2" front 1" rear lift, swaybar discos, and check out more of this north country. nice to catch up on the site here and see some great adventures!

welcome back, and glad to hear things are going better now.

Nice Jeep... sad to see Old Faithful go.

I was at the Dodge Dealership yesterday looking at 2012 Rubicon's and Sahara's (4 door Unlimited of course). But I will likely go for a 1500 4x4 Quad Cab to haul the kids/trailer/bikes/junk/etc... good deals these days from Chrysler.

Beautiful Jeep.

We just purchased a Jeep ourselves in July. We ended up getting the Sport model in Ghecko. That's nice with the matching hardtop. I anticipate we'll be doing most of our exploring in the Chilcotin.

Good luck with the build!

Wow, 4 years since this post...

Ive popped in to lurk from time to time but time, life, blah blah.

Anyways kids are now 4 and 6, we"ve been exploring, camping, wheelin, moved back to okanagan, winter is dragging on, time to spend some time here again!

Heres a rundown on me, with pics because its fun that way

93 yota in early 2000s

Marriage led to rav4

The rav had potential, but i love me a yota pickup

Move up north led to a minivan (the Jk) and we sold the rav4. i installed a teraflex levelling kit and duratracs, stamped lod bumper and it was my wifes rig

Then we got a boler

second kid and we didnt fit well in the black truck, i got a beater T100.that was right where i started this thread.

this fall the fuel pump went in the T100, my wife got a car and i got the jeep. I put on a nice set of used 275 70 18 tires, and am now looking for a 2.5" coil lift, ideally aev, but probably teraflex due to cost $$$ from what ive read the teraflex will handle the hitch weight of the trailer ok, but aev would be better. Also i need some OLC stickers

The Big T is getting flat deck, i put on a 2" bodylift and new fuel pump and bracket w/ lines etc, but lots of work yet. Need fender and a hood etc. Its going to be a work rig mostly, i really like this truck, but miss my old smaller ones. Itll probably end up on 285 75 16s (33s)

Anyways i really enjoy this forum and will update this thread as i slowly get these rigs up to par! Have a great weekend thanks for reading.

Hey weren't you the guy with the kid with the snake way, way back ?!

My, where has the time gone.

Good to see you're still rolling ...

OLC Member

Aev has a forum. I see lifts for sale on there sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

haha yeah snake in revelstoke! Thats us.

Thanks ill check the aev forum.