Thread: Canadian Range Trailers - anyone with info?

OLC Member

Default Canadian Range Trailers - anyone with info?

Anyone know much about this BC company? Interesting trailers and pricing seems decent. Are these built in Canada, Chinese import, etc etc?

http://www.crtrailer.ca/products.php?id=work

I understand that they are made here in BC... some parts are likely imported, but the majority (IIRC) is manufactured here.

Someone on here or on BCJC had a thread on these?

Cool. Prices are comparable to the Kakadu Trailers where I bought mine. I do like the options you can get though ie: water

OLC Member

I know very little about Kakadu. Who sells them in Canada? Are they steel / aluminum? (my idea would require modifications to make it bigger). The more I think about it (and see prices), having someone build one may be the best option (a few forum members have been awesome at pointing me in the right direction).

Kakadu Camping is the people that sell them. They're called the Bushranger (150, 200, & 250)

They're based out of BC as well. I picked up mine while they were in town for the outdoor show.

http://www.kakaducamping.com/

saw one of those CRtrailers in person yesterday. imo the trailer is better built than kakadu, the tent looks the same though

I have seen the Kakadu trailers up close (a 150 only), basically a well made but simple rear gate opening utility trailer. Nothing fancy, but a really nice trailer. The tent units mount to their trailer, or to any correctly sized trailer I suppose? For the price, they seem pretty nice?

Haven't seen the CRT trailers in person, look pretty kool on the net? I haven't seen a Kakadu all optioned up either, the one I saw was basically an empty trailer with a tent top. HUGE storage inside however... lots of sweet options for camp kitchens and or things of your choice.

After having my trailer now for most of the summer I have to say I love it.

I have the Kakadu Bushranger 200XT. Been following me down some pretty "questionable" roads behind my jeep. The trailer has tons of storage and setup takes about 5-10 minutes for basic setup.

With the XT you get a few other options. One thing I would have liked are more options for the trailer. I added 2 Jerry cans of water, 2 of fuel and a propane tank to the front causing me to move the spare tire. In the process of figuring out another solution as my current solution isn't working. Having a water tank "built in" to the trailer (either underneith or whatever) would be a nice idea.

Ultimately though, the basic trailer allows me to tinker with it and make it my own. Definitely can't fault it for that. definitely worth the purchase!

Mike

Kool, first hand experience!!

Here are some of mine

Mike
    Last edited by JKMike; 08-28-2012 at 05:28 PM.