Thread: Etiquette: Respect for other users

Default Etiquette: Respect for other users

Always be nice to people you come across on the trail or on your trip. When you drive past people give them a wave instead of a grimiss. If you come app on a stopped car/truck make sure everyone is ok and that they do not need assistance.

When you get to camp after a long day on a trail and you crack those drinks or let loose a bit remember there are others there to enjoy the area as well. They may not want some loud guy down the way drinking or playing there music to ruin there weekend. I have been on both sides of this and after being on both sides I have seen how annoying and disrespectful it can be. I have changed my ways after a few long weekends wrecked by others.

Do not shoot in camp or in an area where people may be camping, its dangerous first of all and very unsettling for people near by. Go find a nice big empty clear cut instead and do not forget to pick up the shells after.

When travelling talk to the locals, this is a great way of finding out of roads are open or interesting stops along the way.
    97 Lexus LX450

Coastal Cruisers
    4WDABC

VA7NQY

"The only thing that is more unsettling than catching your mechanic doing a crappy job is remembering that you are the mechanic.."

If you show up late and there are other campers, try and keep it quiet. Also, try not to shine your headlights into other campsites.

OLC Member

If you're going to stop on the trail, try to leave room to pass.

If there are multiple vehicles in your group, and there is oncoming traffic, it's nice to tell them how many trucks there are in your group. Drive with your headlights on so that you're more visible.

If you see a stopped vehicle, it's nice to say Hi and see if they're okay or need help.

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by 86tuning View Post
    If you see a stopped vehicle, it's nice to say Hi and see if they're okay or need help.
    Not just vehicles...

Driving back to camp for thanksgiving dinner after a day of hunting to find two adults and two kids (~10-14 years old) walking along the road carrying rifles, some in cases.
    I do like I always do and simply stop and ask if everything is Ok. They tell me they have a flat battery back at the 18K mark (I found them at the 10Kmark)
    Picked one of them up and drove him back to his vehicle and gave him a boost. Those were two tuckered looking kids....

Do these suggestions apply even if the other driver is in a jeep?

Quote Originally Posted by Poopy View Post
    Well it's usually the Jeeper giving the help!
    :
    The Green Submarine - Sold
    2006 Ford F250

VA7MKH

=============================================
    Buoyancy - The fine line between a ship and a submarine...
    =============================================

OLC Member

Yep then you can corner them with the heep jokes and tell them they should've bought a Toyota.

All good comments. Around here we share trails (with some difficulty) with ATV groups. They are in the habit of holding up X fingers for X number of ATVs. So we do the same, hopefuly creating some goodwill !

Also have a ride that is reliable and in good repair so as to not be a burden to your fellow offroaders. Drive responsibly... Noisy exhausts are a peeve of mine, just sayin'

OLC Member

I hope not

Not if they're holding up the X finger.