Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miracle Beach Campground - Vancouver Island

Default Miracle Beach Campground - Vancouver Island

Hey All,
    Just thought I would share this. We recently spent a week at Miracle Beach Campground on Vancouver Island. This site is VERY family friendly and is well set up for trailer/camper, Motor home or tent. Sites are roomy, well treed and private for the most part. There are showers, good access to potable water and even a sani dump.

The beach is second to none, and the water is warm when the tide goes out. There is a nature house for the kids, an amphitheater and other stuff and activities. Not exactly an Overland site, but I did actually see a few Overland types there with their kids etc.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...s/miracle_bch/

On a scale from 1-10 for BC Parks Campgrounds I have been to (been to 20 or so), this is up there, maybe a 9? I highly recommend it and will be booking for next season as soon as we can!

"As a family holiday destination, few locations can beat popular Miracle Beach Provincial Park in the Comox Valley. A broad safe sandy beach on the ocean is the main attraction at Miracle Beach, which also features spacious private campsites, group camping facilities, a playground for the kids, hot showers, a large picnic area overlooking the water and a series of lovely trails winding through lush forest. At low tide, the beach features rich tide pools, perfect for observing a variety of marine life.

Located on the waterfront midway between Courtenay and Campbell River, this park provides easy access to both communities and a wealth of entertainment. On the beach, sandcastle building, sunning, swimming, exploring tide pools or just frolicking along the shore are all part of the Miracle Beach experience. And donít miss the non-competitive annual sandcastle building day in June, where playful people of all ages create fantastic sculptures for all to enjoy. Nearby youíll find horseback riding, golf, fishing and almost any other recreational activity you can imagine.

Miracle Beach is a very popular destination during the summer Ė campsites reservations are highly recommended. Next door to Miracle Beach is sandy Saratoga Beach. With its many resorts and campgrounds, Saratoga Beach is a good alternative if Miracle Beach is full. For your convenience the park has a concession managed by the Park Facility Operator.

Park Size: 137 hectares"

Looks like a nice spot, thanks for posting it.

been there once on our way to catch the ferry for the inside passage route.
    lots to do there for families etc. a definite must camp there place if your on the island.

No worries... I highly recommend it. We decided on day 2 of being there that it is now a yearly destination. One of the nicest beaches anywhere! Didn't hurt that our neighbors at the site across from us were in a Taco with an Overland Trailer and related kit!!

I was like... "sweet, someone to talk trucks and trailers with"!

Nice kit! Looking forward to meeting up with Carolyn and Kim next year there.

hey greg whats your work scheduled like? we should get together for coffee sometime.

from Gail, using Mats account which he again left open on the home computer:

I am so happy to see this campground mentioned on here!

I went there every single year as a child, and have also brought my son there a few times. The kids programs (called Jerrys Rangers) are amazing, as are the nature walks and evening shows in the amphetheatre. The parks staff are both knowledgeable and passionate about what they do, and I still learn new things every time I go there!

Did you take the nature walk when you went? Did you know mosses could be so amazing and fascinating? And will you ever look at a moss covered tree the same? ha ha ha

The beach, as you mentioned, is also second to none... I cannot begin to count how many amazing things I've seen in the tidal pools there. You can also swim, as the water is clean (no garbage, or red tide, or other weird mysterious stuff in the water that you know shouldnt be there), just seaweed, jellyfish, crabs, starfish, sand dollars, fish... all the things that should be in the ocean water tickling your toes and giving you the willies while swimming... or at least always gave me the willies. But I have an active imagination :P

I am so glad to hear you had a great time, and thank you for putting up the positive review to share this great spot with others

ps... I know this thread is from a while ago.... Just saw it and felt the need to add

the beach

Big red jellyfish on the beach - okay, so you do have to watch out for these while swimming as they can sting... not deadly, just uncomfortable

some sea anamones (i dont know if I spelled that right) we found in a tidal pool

My son Dylan dressed up as a squid for a presentation by the park ranger

The beautiful woods at the campsite... ferns so big we almost lost my son, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1771 View Post
    hey greg whats your work scheduled like? we should get together for coffee sometime.
    Hey Cody... just saw this now? I am off most every weekend although my wife works evenings and my son has soccer Saturday's at 12:00.

PM me and we can do that coffee/visit one day soon!
    Greg

Oh and yes, love Miracle Beach...we plan on going back every year. Going to meet up with the family we met this year next summer for 4 or 5 days.

OLC Member

Yes it's awesome, only used the day use area since my relatives live near the park but the beach sure is nice, a little nicer the. Rthtrevor IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Matte View Post
    Yes it's awesome, only used the day use area since my relatives live near the park but the beach sure is nice, a little nicer the. Rthtrevor IMO.
    Agreed.

We booked a week up there this summer with the folks we met there last year and another buddy and his kids/GF. Looking forward to this trip, such a nice place for a campground...love the area.

Stoked!