Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Rec sites?

acess to harrison is really what has turned me off that area. i miss the tubs when it was only a select few that where up there. the day i saw a minivan up there was the last day i ever went there. Exploring VI is now my top priority, so much untouched beauty and vast wilderness that is for the most part completly void of human life.

Couple of my favorites.

Cabin lake.

Nickle Plate lake, the northside.

Fossil bay, is close to home for a night out. One bay up from Hale Creek, tight trail to get into it

Bible Camp was good but finding it getting too busy.

pennask lake

nickleplate lake

brenda lake above brenda mine is nice

greyback lake is nice too on okanagan plateau

elinor lake is nice as well

allendale lake is also quite nice but also busy

Most of the ones on the kettle valley fsr in the christian valley are also great.

I like the ones on roads built around the 50s and 60s that havent been maintained since then either and usually require just a bit more than a stock rig to get in ie pennask, nickleplate lake, elinor lake, etc, tends to keep out most folks especially when easily accessable lakes are also in the vicinity.

north of grand forks in granby area theres a few id like to investigate this year!

So far, the most comfy has probably been the couch at Jordy's cabin

I also prefer random spots in the middle of nowhere as well, I don't mind people being around if I know them or if they're good folks to hang out with (met lots of people like that). I don't have any 'favourites', but I like anywhere out of the city. I've gotten a taste of the Granby Rvr area as well, and I'd LOVE to spend some more time up there. LR

Camping season is here again and it's time to revive this thread now that we have a few more members.

My couch full most of the time but lots of camping room on my land including campfire pit and outhouse!

favorite spots are kept a secret

I've got 0 summer camping plans so far... so Jordy I might be out your way one weekend haha

Default Alberta FTR

I've driven the trunk road between hwy 3 and Nordegg. There're some really pretty spots all along those sections.

I found that the southern part, between Kaninaskis and hwy 3 was pretty busy, but there appeared to be a couple roads that cross from the trunk road to 22 that might be nice.

The section from Nordegg to hwy 1 has lots of great places to camp right by the road, and traffic isn't to bad. Also lots of side roads I haven't tried yet.

Looking on google and the Alberta land use site, there appear to be some good areas in the first 60 or 80 km north of Nordegg as well. Hoping to be able to explore that area this summer

Bump

Used to like one called Windy lake north of Kamloops but last year they did a major cull of the pine beetle kill. Now there is just a fringe of bush around the lake .